Tuesday, November 6, 2007

November 5th, 2007
York county Maine

Time: 8 am
Latitude: 43.08 N
Longitude: 70.73 W
Temperature: 11°C(51°F)
Wind speed: calm
Wind Chill:
Clouds: Cloudy
Precipitation: drizzle
Wind direction: West
Relative Humidity:86%
Barometric Pressure: rising
Meters of ice collected:

Though my journal started yesterday, for me the trip began a long time ago and I am not counting the academic studies and staying-in-shape parts that have been on-going for 40 years. Since I knew that I would be participating this year in Antarctica I have been collecting articles of clothes, doing a lot of work organization, and general preparation. The National Science Foundation (NSF) requires a very very thorough medical examination to make sure that everyone is in good physical shape and very healthy. For me, that started in July and took almost 3 months to get through all the appointments. Since I officially became “medically qualified” I am on to packing and preparing lots of household items for my leave. Though I will miss Christmas here in the states it will be fun to celebrate in Antarctica with friends. Since it is not my first time in Antarctica it does make it a bit easier.

1 comment:

Daniela said...

Interesting post. I have been wondering about this issue,so thanks for posting. I’ll likely be coming back to your blog. Keep up great writing. Find your great Travel News and sing the songs at Free Song Lyric or you can watch the drama at Korea Drama Online one of great korea drama is A Love to Kill if you go to travel to Indonesia learn Learn Indonesia Language first! And find your home cari rumah or make a blog Belajar membuat Blog find your home again rumah dijual and again at jual rumah, download youtube and find blog widget and then if you want buy a new laptop see the Laptop Price List or you can buy a New Blackberry and then take care your Health & Jewerly.