Monday, December 3, 2007


December 3, 2007
York County Maine

Time:5 am
Latitude: 43.08 N
Longitude: 70.73 w
Temperature: 0°C(32°F)
Wind speed: calm
Wind Chill:
Clouds: partly cloudy-100%
Wind direction: West, SW
Relative Humidity:82%
Barometric Pressure: falling
Precipitation: dusting of new snow

Here it is the big travel day and it is snowing, which is good and bad. Love the snow but a Monday morning drive to the airport might be less than fun. A friends is actually dropping me at the local bus station many many hours before my flight leaves so getting to the airport should not be a problem. It is not a wild storm, yet. Most of the local schools have cancelled for the day which will make all the kids happy. From the weather report, there is not supposed to be much snow in Boston and hopefully should not be a problem with delayed flights. I only have a 45 min layover in Chicago and if the plane out of Boston is delayed more than that I might miss my connecting flight to LA. Cross that bridge when I come to it.

The Internet is an amazing thing and this morning I looked at the weather map for the entire country. My web site of choice for weather is weather underground www.wunderground.com From that map it looks like the only severe weather is right here in the North East. Once I get out of Boston it should be smooth sailing. I also use weather underground when I am at home to find out what the weather is in Antarctica.

Time to shower and get ready. Talk to you from LA maybe. Unless I am delayed and ind lots of time in an airport along the way. I am very excited and glad that I was able to get some sleep last night.

Peace

No comments: